To fulfil your order you provide me with certain information. I collect, use and share your information to:
- Process your order, deal with any associated queries and to provide customer support.
- For marketing purposes where you have provided your affirmative consent, e.g. you have signed up to my newsletter.
- For tax purposes and to comply with HMRC requirements.
- For the purpose of my legitimate interests e.g. providing and improving my services.
The information I collect about you may include:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I share your personal information for limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, e.g. delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I believe that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests or for tax purposes; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with my services, to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce my agreements. For tax purposes, I will retain details of your order for 6 years, in order to comply with HMRC requirements.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services outside of the EU e.g. in the US or in other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. Third parties I may use include Microsoft OneDrive, Google Cloud, Apple iCloud. Also web hosting services such as WIX. These third parties have their own privacy policies and frameworks – please refer to the individual sites for further information.
If you reside in the EU, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information.
- Be Informed – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Access - You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you.
- Change - You have the right to request to have any inaccurate personal data is rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Restrict - You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. I will restrict use of your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or for legal reasons.
- Delete - You have the right to request to have your personal data erased. I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Object – You have the right to object to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances e.g. if data is being used for direct marketing. I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Data Portability – You have the right to request to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
You can contact me about any of the above by using the contact information below.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Caroline Wiltshire, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to me at: 6 Beaufort Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 9DJ, United Kingdom